Sunday, January 6, 2008

kudos...

Just wanted to give kudos to those of you who made my life a lot easier this week:

First, I can't even begin to tell you how much I love the Paper Zone (http://www.paperzone.com/, 1136 Se Grand Ave., Portland, OR 97214)!!! Not only do they have all the most gorgeous paper you could ever want (as you might imagine from their name), but they also have the most awesome helpful staff. They have creative ideas, and they let you try stuff out! The carry the filofax line, AND they have a really awesome assortment of notebooks (a fetish of mine). If you haven't been to the Paper Zone, you should totally go there! I got some great tips, great ideas and great products there this week. So thanks a bunch.

Second, Go Daddy.com (http://www.godaddy.com/), they've really made it easy to register a domain name and create a website. Been there, done that with Network Solutions, and I have to say, Go Daddy is easier all around. I'm in full on ramp up mode, so I decided to create my own website because I wanted it NOW, and since I signed up for my domain name there I decided to use their "website tonight" deal. After about 7 hours straight of trying to make it do things it seemingly wouldn't, (along with a pitifully slow internet connection) I am happy to report...SUCCESS. My website is up and running. Have a look and tell me what you think: http://www.laurajamesdesigns.com/

And finally, the Kinko's/FedEx Store on 1605 NE 7th Ave., Portland, OR -- where the printing abilities are endless and the guys that work there are the BEST. It's also 24 hours. Love it! Love that I can go there whenever and the possibilities are endless. I found myself fantasizing about a very large banner...

So thanks. Thanks a lot for making my diy life a lot easier!!!

No comments: