Thursday, March 20, 2008

i heart books(helves)

I really love books. I really love book shelves/cases too. In fact, I'm kind of a fanatic of shelving and awesome stylish shelving. I am always trying to use as much vertical space as possible and shelving or bookcases are the way to go. My eyes almost popped out of my head when I saw Design Sponge's Book Case Roundup. Great fun stuff there and lots of great ideas (as always).

Organizing is one of my favorite activities. I think about new and exciting ways to organize and store my many art and craft items. I love to wander around Storables and The Container Store. At one point I had to have a talk with myself about how some things could be free and not contained. It's hard though, I love to contain the chaos of my supplies. With limited space it makes it easier for me to be creative when I know where to find everything I need. I am a huge fan of clear plastic containers. I like the cheap shoe box size that you can get at Target. I like to see what's inside, otherwise I forget that I have it -- and then forget to use it! Some people like order, others enjoy chaos, I enjoy ordered chaos.

The key to keeping organized is thinking from the end backwards. Ask yourself, how am I going to need stuff and how often, etc. Then you can work out what will work best for you. Think about your needs and your tendencies (and your budget) and enlist the aid of your most OCD friend and have a blast getting things just how you like it.

No comments: