Tuesday, April 29, 2008

all work and not so much play


Making the glass is just phase one. Then comes phase two.

Photographing and editing the pictures of the glass
is a whole other can of worms, oh, I mean challenge.

After at least a zillion photographs and more hours than I care to count, I've finally come up with a formula that works. When the photo is good from the start it really helps. Here's an outline of the process: take the picture, crop it, resize it, cut it with the rounded rectangle tool and then paste it into the template that has my website on it, then save it etc.

It's really important to capture your "brand" with your photographs and if you expect people to buy online, without the one on one sensation of touching, feeling and seeing it in real life then it's imperative that you capture it's essence as best you can in the photograph. Because I make so many one of a kind pieces I need to be able to photograph them myself and so here's what I've come up with.

Here's an example of the edited results. What do you think?

No comments: