Friday, August 22, 2008

seattle gift show - new friends: amy wing designs and the button girl

Portland is the best place. Full of great people and smart, sassy, creative entrepreneurs.

I knew Amy Wing of Amy Wing Designs before this show -- her gorgeous necklaces and earrings are at Cheeky B and she spends some time at the Paper Zone (which I love, love, love). I talked with Amy a little bit before the show on one of our meetings at the Paper Zone. She was very insightful and full of positive energy and I was excited to see her booth and to get a chance to know her better.
I already knew that Amy was pretty awesome, and it turns out my mom knows Amy's husband (from our small town in California -- my mom worked with his parents)...how weird is that? So Amy and I are coincidental cousins I decided. Amy's gorgeous work is well worth a look so check out her website: www.amywing.com

Amy was sharing her booth with Rachael Starkweather who is The Button Girl, she makes the most fun buttons. I've met Rachael before, she's usually making buttons and selling them by the boat loads to adoring fans. It was great to spend some time with her and get to know her for real.

They were both so much fun! I loved hanging out with them and having a few laughs and some yummy crepes...Gooooood times.

No comments: