Tuesday, January 6, 2009

tip tuesday - the resolutions


Oh those pesky resolutions. I'm starting to feel like I'm resolving to do the same thing year after year after year. This year, I've resolved to do it differently. I am excited to check those resolutions off my list and create a whole new list for next year!

So, how do you really kick those goals in the ass and take names???

First of all, the goal needs to be realistic. By realistic, I mean it has to be in the realm of possibilities for you. Then, break it down into what I like to call, "do-able chunks". Make sure you make them measurable so you can see (and celebrate) your success. Create a time-line for those do-able chunks and then tell a (supportive) friend or two. Ask those friends to hold you accountable and tell them when you want them to check in with you about it.

Let's face it, it's easy to get sidetracked and let the months blow by and before you know it, it's time to make those resolutions all over again. This year, do things differently!

So stop thinking about it, and take action and before you know it, you're off and running.

Good luck! You can do it!

No comments: