Tuesday, April 8, 2008

improv(e)

Did you know I teach improv? YES! I do. I've got an amazing bunch of students that are fearless and fabulous and inspiring. I studied to be an actor (ya, I know, who gets a BFA in acting right???) and I have always been drawn to improv. Not only is it fun, but it teaches the most basic life lessons while having that fun.

The improv basics are:
  • always agree, say "YES! and" the 'and' let's you add to what your partner has said
  • be present and in the moment, fully listening and fully engaged in the exchange
  • be free both physically and mentally and just go for it
  • and most importantly NO JUDGMENT, for yourself or others
  • and of course...HAVE FUN!

If you've been toying around with the notion of putting some more fun into your life, or if you want to boost your self confidence, or if you just want to explore your creativity. Seek out an improv class. It will improve your life!

No comments: