Tuesday, August 19, 2008

tip tuesday - barolo ristorante, seattle

Have you heard of Barolo? The Italian Ristorante in Seattle? If you haven't been there, I'd suggest going way out of your way to get there and experience what is quite possibly the very best food I've ever had. Ever.

Now, I'm no foodie, but I know what I like and I really, really liked the food at Barolo. We loved Barolo so much that we told absolutely everyone who looked remotely like they ate food to go there. We fell in love with the Spaghetti con Polpa di Granchio (Spaghetti with fresh Dungeness crab meat, organic cherry tomatoes, extra-virgin olive oil white wine and garlic) and had it each time we visited. They are also known for their Cuore di Romana grigliata (Grilled romaine heart with caesar dressing, shaved reggiano). I've never had grilled lettuce before and it was soooo good, the dressing was beyond perfection.

We went back a few times over the 5 days we were in Seattle. Each time we were treated to awesome service by Lauren over on the bar side. She added so much to the experience that we always made sure we sat in her section, she is genuine and made everything more enjoyable and we felt like we were part of the family. Everything she recommended was great (although I bet everything on the menu is to die for) and Jason, the manager, treated us so well and introduced me to the first gnocchi that I've ever liked, (Gnocchi al Fagiano -- House made gnocchi with braised pheasant) in fact, I usually really don't care for gnocchi, but of course it was soooo delicious and I'd order it there again.

A big thanks to Lauren and Jason who made the great food even better by making us feel at home and well cared for, which after a long day at the gift show was just what we needed.

Mmm. I wish Seattle was closer, I'd go there right now!

Barolo Ristorante
www.baroloseattle.com

1940 Westlake Ave
Seattle, WA 98101
(206) 770-9000

No comments: